NEW Water Taxi To Daufuskie Island from Old Town Bluffton
Great news! May River Excursions, owner of the most scenic water taxi ride to Daufuskie Island has partnered with Tour Daufuskie, Daufuskie Island’s premier outdoor locally owned tour guide & golf cart rental company.
May River Excursions leaves from Old Town Bluffton, SC. This quick and amazingly scenic 15 minutes water taxi to Daufuskie Island will be guided by first class, knowledgeable & licensed boat captains who will provide you with a safe and informative route to a very special underdeveloped island recently named #10 on the top 11 small islands to visit in the United States!
Upon arrival, Tour Daufuskie‘s friendly staff will greet you at the dock and your Daufuskie Island adventure will begin. Whether you have decided to book a guided Daufuskie Island history and artisans tour or you have decided to explore on your own via Tour Daufuskie’s self guided Daufuskie Island golf cart rental package, your day will one that is not soon forgotten.
There are many advantages to taking the May River Excursions water taxi to Daufuskie Island from Old Town Bluffton, SC. We may be a couple dollars more expensive but you might want to consider the following when booking your tour:
1. HUGE time saver! Your vacation time is precious and we understand that! Other ferry & water taxi companies to Daufuskie Island can take up to 1 hour each direction…that’s 2 hours out of your day not including the extended lines and check in times. Our trip from Daufuskie Island Water taxi out of Old Town Bluffton takes only 20-25 minutes. That saves 2 hours of your day!
2. Flexibility. May River Excursions can cater their arrival and pick up times to your liking. We think you will find this stress free flexibility to be priceless! Trust us when we tell you it’s best not to be worried about the daily ferry leaving you behind on a bridge-less island. You will not be confined to ferry schedules and our group is certainly open to allowing you to extend your time on Daufuskie Island if you decide your original tour is simply not enough time. You’re on vacation, relax.
3. Our professional & courteous staff is second to none. The May River staff and the Tour Daufuskie staff have a similar passion for making all visitors feel welcome.
4. Local Tour Guides- To become a Tour Daufuskie’s tour guide, one must be a “local”. It’s “company policy” that all Tour Daufuskie guides must live on Daufuskie so that our visitors are ensured a true insiders view as to what life is like living on a bridge-less island.
5. Dolphin Tour Included- True, this is a water taxi service to Daufuskie Island but the May River is home to several pods of Dolphin so it is very likely that you will spot some of these amazing mammals on your way over from Harbor Town. Good news is that the captain has the flexibility to take the time to get you up close to the dolphins so if that’s something you’d like to do, simply ask.
6. NO lines, no waiting…more time saved! May River Excursion water taxi’s hold up to 16 guests at a time so this eliminates all of the processing time involved with larger groups boarding the larger and slower ferries.
7. SMOOTH SAILING-NO SOUND CROSSING=smooth crossing.
Don’t hesitate to call May River Excursions out of Old Town Bluffton at to book your water taxi over to Daufuskie Island today. Come explore this underdeveloped island with Tour Daufuskie, Daufuskie Islands locally owned and guided outdoor company. Tour Daufuskie also offers guided kayak tours, stand up paddle board lessons, biking tours, bird watching tours, eco-tours, and so much more!