Recently, Tour Daufuskie guided the Grey family from Tennessee out on what turned out to be a very wet kayaking tour! As normal, we began our paddle from the public dock aka Marshside Mama’s. While we were navigating the pristine rivers and marshes that make up our tour, threatening clouds quickly turned in to the Heavens opening up. It was the type of rain that Forrest Gump described as, “rain that seemed to come straight up from underneath”.
Where 95% of the time our radar studies help us avoid rainy moments such as these, the other 5% of the time, mother nature throws us a curve ball. The silver lining to this story is that the Grey family did not panic, but laughed, smiled, and carried on with the adventure! Their 6 year old son was a little unnerved but even he toughed out the wet chill that hit us all. Our guess is that this will be a story that the Grey family remembers for a long time to come and Tour Daufuskie would like to thank them for being such great sports. We try our best to avoid these circumstances but when they occur, only a family like the Grey’s can decide wether or not we still have fun! Indeed this adventurous and laid back family are what we islanders refer to as true “Daufuskie material” and we hope they visit us again for another adventure soon.
See you on the river!
Managing Director and Lead Guide