The island is very casual. Dirt roads, outdoor dining, beaches. There is no need to bring fine dining clothes or dressy outfits. Pack clothing for spending the majority of your time outside.
Below we have have provided a list of things the majority of island properties provide. But it is a good idea to double check with the property manager to make sure these items are provided.
- Linens and towels
- A grill
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Coffee maker
- Paper towels, trashbags, and basic cleaning supplies
- Travel shampoo, conditioner and soap
- Pack N Plays and high chairs upon request
Some recommended items:
- Beach towels
- Bug spray and sunscreen
- Rain jacket
- Although there are three restaurants, a coffee shop and a general store on the island, we do recommend bringing food for your stay. Most properties have a fully equipped kitchen and grill. Plus, there are not any breakfast eateries on the island.
- When packing food, be sure to have items in coolers or zipping bags for easy transport.
- To make things easier, look into grocery stores in the Bluffton and Hilton Head area that allow for online shopping. You can also use Cyber Valet Grocery to get groceries delivered directly to the boat landings.
Check with the rental property about beach items. These can be bulky and difficult to transport. And if the rental does not provide beach items, you can rent them through Tour Daufuskie here!